Parent Education & Coaching
I provide one-hour sessions to children’s parents or caregivers in the office or in-home settings dependent upon the needs of the client(s). I work with them in identifying their strengths, areas of growth and goals in the initial session. The subsequent sessions are used to provide skills and support to them as they begin to make changes in becoming more effective parents or caregivers.
Parents and caregivers benefit from coaching if they:
- Need help creating an effective “parent team.”
- Want to better understand their child’s behavior.
- Feel overwhelmed or unsure of healthy ways to respond.
- Want to learn about setting reasonable expectations and effective limits which often changes during adolescence.
- Are the parent or caregiver of a child with a challenging temperament.
- Want to increase confidence in their parenting skills.
If you are a new client, please read and complete the following forms. All new clients are asked to arrive 30 minutes before their scheduled appointment unless the forms below are completed.
I look forward to meeting with you.
Yvonne Clayton, MA, LMHC